Compensating reducers GUR-KR
Compensating reducers GUR-KR combine the functions of a "rigid" reducer with those of a "resilient" compensator. The construction principle is also applied to compensators GUR-K with constant nominal width.
Function as a reducer
A reduction in nominal diameter is often necessary in the layout of pipelines. At branches and especially at pumps, reductions are required to adapt the flow velocities. These components are subject to increased wear, as the change in nominal diameter is accompanied by turbulence and cavitation. Behind pumps, they are additionally stressed by rotating swirls of the product flow. Reductions made of conventional materials often achieve unsatisfactory service lives.
- Thanks to the solid rubber construction, GUR-KR achieve a significantly longer service life than components made of metal or plastic.
Function as a compensator
Compensators in pipelines dampen vibrations and compensate for movements between parts of the pipeline as well as pressure fluctuations.
- GUR-KR have a smooth inner bore without a bulging hollow chamber and thus allow an optimal flow.
- The special textile reinforcement allows movements in axial, lateral and radial directions and absorbs pressure forces from the pipe.
- The textile-reinforced rubber body acts as a strongly damped spring and ensures vibration-decoupling between line parts or aggregates.
- In contrast to classic expansion joints, GUR-KR do not exercise any force on counter flanges of pumps or other sensitive units. This is ensured by the special textile construction that keeps GUR-KR stable in length under working pressure and absorbs pressure fluctuations solely through changes in diameter.
Advantages of compensating reducers in plant construction
- GUR-KR replace combinations of a rigid reducer and a bellows expansion joint at pumps with large volume flows of abrasive and corrosive fluids.
- Compared to bellows expansion joints, they achieve longer service life and allow flow speeds of up to 10 m / s.
- The asymmetrical design offers the same compensating behaviour without any torsional or bending torques.
- Any required measuring or drainage nozzles with nominal diameters of up to 200 mm can be integrated in the cylindrical areas.
- We design each part individually and take your conveying conditions, connecting dimensions and spatial restrictions into account.